「華人戴明學院」是戴明哲學的學習共同體 ,致力於淵博型智識系統的研究、推廣和運用。 The purpose of this blog is to advance the ideas and ideals of W. Edwards Deming.

2009年3月5日 星期四

Howard S. Gitlow みち 道

The Deming Guide to Quality and Competitive Position by Howard S. Gitlow/ Shelly L. Gitlow, 1987

Howard S. Gitlow說的 Deming 故事


Thanks for the Michi
By Howard S. Gitlow
in Deming: The Way We Knew Him edited by Frank Voehl, pp.79-82

People are not born knowing michi. It requires years of study and tutelage under a master. Dr. Deming was my master. I thank him for teaching me the theory of statistics so that I could pursue the michi of the statistician. Dr. Deming, thanks for the michi.

Michi 為日文{道}之發音:
みち 道
a way; a road; 《街路》a street; 《小道》a path; 《通路》a passage; 《道徳》moral principles; (義務) a duty; 《方法》a way ((of doing, to do)); the road ((to success)).
・~で on the road [street]; 《途中で》on the way.
・~が開ける find a way ((of)).
・~を聞く[教える] ask [show]〈a person〉the way ((to a place)).
・~を切り開く make a road.
・~を付ける give a person an opportunity.
・~を譲る give way to; make way for.
・その~に明るい be an authority in the field.
・~に迷う lose one's way.
・~にそむく do wrong.
・~にそむいた wrong; immoral.
・~ならぬ恋 an illicit love affair.

As a teacher. Deming believed in the Socratic method. Howard S. Gitlow, anacquaintance of Deming for many years, recalls:...calling him in 1981 or 1982 with a question which would clarify sixmonths of personal study. Instead of answering my question, he said,'You're barking up the wrong tree.' It took me six more months to figureout why I was barking up the wrong tree and which tree I should be barkingup. Once I figured it out, I realized that I had learned more by his methodthan I could have by any other means. (from Voehl, 1995, pp. 80–81)

「michi」的搜尋結果

沒有留言:

網誌存檔