The author summarizes his experience as a management consultant in a series of fables designed to expose narrow thinking, muddle-headedness and complacency in business. He has previously written "Management in Small Doses" and "The Art of Problem Solving".
From the Publisher
``Nothing is as obstructive to satisfaction of human needs and desires, let alone human progress, as bureaucracies.'' So goes Russell Ackoff's philosophy on human development. While relating wry observations made during a long career promoting human development, Ackoff demonstrates how most systems created to foster development actually prevent or retard it. You'll laugh at these war stories, but more importantly, you'll learn how to maximize your own personal development or that of your company by beating obstructive systems.
- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc; First Edition edition (April 1991)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471531944
- ISBN-13: 978-0471531944
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 6.2 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Lacking or exhibiting a lack of reverence; disrespectful.
an irreverent reply
- Critical of what is generally accepted or respected; satirical: irreverent humor.