THE KEY TO MANAGING CHAOS
在 INTRODUCTION 一文(兩頁多一點)中
...Moreover --how are you going to keep these bad numbers from happening again? How are you going to get the workers to work harder? "And Pharaoh said, You are lazy! You will be given no straw, but you must produce the same tally of bricks each gay.' " ...
5法郎又說：「現在他們比本地的人民還多，你們竟然叫他們歇工？」5And Pharao said: The people of the land is numerous: you see that the multitude is increased: how much more if you give them rest from their works?6那一天法郎命令那些百姓中的監工和工頭說：6Therefore he commanded the same day the overseers of the works, and the taskmasters of the people, saying:7「你們以後不要再像往日一樣，給百姓做磚用的草稭，叫他們自己去拾草。7You shall give straw no more to the people to make brick, as before: but let them go and gather straw.8但你們仍向他們要往日所做的同樣磚數，一點也不可減少，因為他們懶惰，所以才吶喊說：我們要去向我們的天主獻祭。8And you shall lay upon them the task of bricks, which they did before, neither shall you diminish any thing thereof: for they are idle, and therefore they cry, saying: Let us go and sacrifice to our God.
Exodus 5 [KJV] 6-7
· And Pharaoh commanded the same day the taskmasters of the people, and their officers, saying,
· Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as heretofore: let them go and gather straw for themselves.
· And the tale of the bricks, which they did make heretofore, ye shall lay upon them; ye shall not diminish ought thereof: for they be idle; therefore they cry, saying, Let us go and sacrifice to our God.
TALE 【古‧文】 計算;總計,總額
• The shepherd tells his tale [the tale of his sheep]. 牧羊人點清他的羊數.
• The tale is complete. 數目不錯 ,並無短缺.
2. A number told or counted off; a reckoning by count; an enumeration; a count, in distinction from measure or weight; a number reckoned or stated.
The ignorant, . . . who measure by tale, and not by weight. --Hooker.
And every shepherd tells his tale, Under the hawthornn in the dale.
In packing, they keep a just tale of the number --Carew.
典故：There shall no straw be given you, yet shall ye deliver the tale of bricks.